Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 1



Pilgrimage reflections: Day 1

"Utter humbleness and entire devotion" - the state one must be in for a true pilgrimage experience according to Abdul-Baha.


What does that mean? To be utterly humble? Entirely devoted?






At the shrines I felt that smallness, that awe-inspiring feeling I had been longing for. I had it when I first arrived, but now it feels much more intimate. I felt as if the Bab's hand was on my heart today in the Shrine. An easeful opening. A warmth, an incredible warmth in the shrines, enveloping your whole being. The energy in the room, packed full of pilgrims from around the world, all in their national costume. So devoted. Entirely devoted. It hit me what a truly global, all-embracing faith I am apart of. . .

Clearing my mind. Meditating inside the Shrines, the closest we can get in our physical life time to the Manifestations of God in this age - the Bab, and Baha'u'llah. I kept thinking how lucky I am to serve at the Shrines. The Point round Whom circle the souls of all mankind.





Reflecting on my life. I can't describe how thankful I am. So happy. So fulfilled.

"To keep that feeling you have inside the Shrines when you are out in the world, that's the real challenge." says Joy as we walk down the red pebble path back to the pilgrim house.





Pebbles.
Cold feet on marble.
Shining colomns, like wax dripping from a candle.
Birds circumabulating.

No comments: