Sunday, April 6, 2008

newsflash....

never in my life would i expect this.
i filled in the email interview thinking, yeah it will make a page 12 blurb, heck, not the friggen front cover....yikes!!! my face, plastered over downtown wellington, outside dairy's, sitting on coffee tables on cuba st cafe's, ahhh. I loved hearing Mum's reaction, I didnt tell her a thing about this, "OH MY GOD, Chonnie, its like all my 19 Tablets of Ahmad have been answered this morning. I have 9 copies of it on my lap. The article is great. I am just so proud of you. If I died tomorrow I wouldnt care, my life is complete. I would go through all the crap, all the challenges in my life again just for this, just for you to be firm in the Faith." that was so sweet. I could just picture her, sitting outside the check-out's at new world lower hutt with this stack of capital times on her lap....hehe.
This whole experience has taught me that what I assume the media, or people in generals reaction to the Faith, or to my story from drama school to bahai world centre, is totally wrong. It's front page news.....and its time to share this Faith with everyone, and they are interested....make the first step and Baha'u'llah provides....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow this is a great achievement, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Does 'Capital Times' circulate in Hamilton? I have friends who moved there from Topeka, Kansas. I would house-sit for them. She is Quaker, he is Buddhist. They will notice "Baha'i" on the cover.
When we arise, Baha'u'llah will pour bounties. I often visit the mosque in Topeka and have become friends with many of the Muslims there. Because of that, the Faith was mentioned in a national newspaper and I've been asked to teach the Faith there!!!
This is an amazing Revelation.

chantelle said...

i dont think it does, but contact my ma, i'm sure she could send u one!