Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Magnetic Acts

A section from the book 'From Copper to Gold' the Life of Dorothy Baker I'm reading now. I can't recommend this book enough. Read it. and then read it again.

She is recounting what she heard from Shoghi Effendi on pilgrimage...

'There is a very close connection between the souls beyond and souls here. This connection depends upon certain difficult conditions - concentration, purity of heart, purity of motive. It will be possible to communicate, but do not attempt to experiment now.

One can even smell the presence of these souls. The Master said, "I can smell the spirit and the fragrance of the writer from this letter, when I opened it."

The Supreme Concourse are beings of whom we have no conception, but it includes souls of people who have been very devoted and other beings as well of whom we are not aware. The higher the position the greater the influence.
They rush to the assistance of the sincere servants who arise now.

We need to develop greater concentration and purity in prayer. Prayer and action attract the assistance.
God assures each one that every act is a magnet for the Supreme Concourse.

The Master said..."As to the question that the holy and spiritual souls influence, help and guide the creatures after they have cast off their elemental mold, this is an established truh of the Baha'i's."

No comments: