Sunday, November 30, 2008

closer than our life vein

I am trying an experiment this week.

Reading ‘From copper to gold’ the life of Dorothy Baker, courtesy of darling Tanya who gave it to me as I was leaving Haifa two weeks ago, and it is one of those books that is placed in your lap at the right place at the right time, it speaks to me…and one of the tips that Martha Root told Dorothy was that if there was a problem that you just could not solve, use the Tablet of Ahmad 9 times a day for a week and it will be resolved by the end of it.
Of course, I am a bit hesitant to use it for my so called ‘problems’ which I am sure are nothing compared to what the Hands of the Cause had to face in those early years…but I am trying it out anyway, mainly for spiritual strength and clarity of direction and purpose, I am faced with many decisions about my future path of service… and need some clear guidance….don’t we all…so I am on day four…and I have to say its incredible…my mood, my attitude to work, to life in Shanghai, is shifting and changing. I am beginning to truly enjoy myself and 'arrive' here so to speak, and beautiful moments are coming my way.

Take today for example, I had a few of my fellow colleagues from school come over for a devotional, and one friend, as she saw the picture of Abdu’l-Baha as a young man on my table top said,

“That is the same man who came to me in a dream years and years ago. He was gesturing gently for me to come closer to him. He had grey blue eyes, an authority and power about him with this absolute gentleness. He had a beard and was wearing a white robe and turban... I always wanted to see him again. And that... that is him.”


http://info.bahai.org/images/BD.02.jpg


We read the Tablet of Ahmad together after all shedding a few tears of awe, excitement, and gratitude, and she said “When you said that prayer I was transported back in time. I could see the surroundings…" and she continued to describe what sounded like Persia in the time of Baha’u’llah…

Wow. Just thinking about today sends shivers down my spine. Good shivers…shivers of rememberance, that the spiritual world really is closer than we think, closer than our life vein, and it’s intermingling with us in this physical world all the time…did we but know…

6 comments:

Sholeh said...

oooh wow Chantelle, how amazing!

Amy said...

What an amazing experience! I am finding so much inspiration in your blog, thanks for posting your experiences. I just arrived in Xiamen in August and am going through many of the same things you are & so I was so happy to come across this blog :)

Yas Taherzadeh said...

chantelle! am LOVING your blog! so inspiring and just exciting :) please keep sharing and hope to see you sooooon! much love to you.

Anonymous said...

ffirming what I was told by the Hand of the Cause, John Robarts back in 1972 when I was nearly as young as you!(that sounds like a song!)...he told a group of believers, here in Wellington about the power of 9 Tablets of Ahmad and I have done this several times in my Bahai life, it really does help!
love
Popstar

Anonymous said...

OMG i can't believe you lived a moment like this first hand.... i will never tell you enough that each time i read your blog it just makes me want to get on my feet and run wherever the Faith needs, maybe just over to my neighbours actually! :p) and teach!!!! oohhh thanks thanks thanks

Anonymous said...

OMG i can't believe you lived a moment like this first hand.... i will never tell you enough that each time i read your blog it just makes me want to get on my feet and run wherever the Faith needs, maybe just over to my neighbours actually! :p) and teach!!!! oohhh thanks thanks thanks